vendredi 21 mars 2008

same deal

Stacy from SF is arriving tomorrow and will be here until Thursday. Then my best friend from grade school, Cher, and her little sis Char are coming the day after Stacy leaves and will be staying until the following Wednesday.

I'm going to be very busy for the next two weeks.

So blog posts will be sporadic at best. There's going to be a lot to see and do with my friends. All three have never left the states before. Stacy is really into going to the Cinematheque--I haven't even been yet which is ludicrous.

Just got back from the ballet with Barbara B. and Teresa. We saw "Caligula". My first ballet, pretty awesome. Seats were high up, but not bad for 18 euros. There was a part where this guy got killed, and he was just lying on the stage for a good 20 minutes while his friends danced all around him and played with his body for a bit to see if he was dead and danced around in the foreground again. I was thinking about how much it would suck to be that guy and not get enough dancing time.

Afterwards, we had coffee, and Barbara B. talked about her life--very interesting. I learned that she used to study method acting, knew two ballet dancer brothers that broke each other's feet so that they can dance better, and...other amazing stuff. Then we all split our ways. Teresa and I were going home while Barbara was going to some goth club.

I'm excited for tomorrow: Stacy's arriving, and my friend from high school, Jean, is also in town, and they wanted to get fondue tomorrow night. Will probably do that with Stacy. Lily invited people over for some authentic Mexican food, but since my high school friend who I haven't seen in at least 2 years is here for the weekend...that's more important. Sorry Lily! Thanks anyway. Plus, I had some kick ass Mexican food that Lucia made some weeks back when Catherine was here, and I never wrote about it. Keisha's mom came and brought all these ingredients: tortillas, beans, all this amazing stuff, and Lucia cooked. That was amazing. I don't really miss food that much except for how cheap it is.

Things to come!:
1. trip to Giverny
2. trip to Loire Valley
3. Wes Anderson tomorrow at FNAC!!!