samedi 23 juin 2007

"Then over here, this is the Eiffel Tower, right? It's Paris." -- Bernard Jaffe, "I Heart Huckabees"

About a Girl
Hi! I'm Elaine, and this is my study abroad blog. I am a 21 year old Filipina, and I'm studying in Paris, France at Paris VIII - St. Denis for an academic year through the Cal State International Program.

I am a Cinema and French major. My focus is on screenwriting. I love the production aspect of film though and once planned on becoming a camera operator or working in depth with a camera crew. I am also a French major, but that is under serious construction. Since arriving here, I've had a love-hate relationship with the French language. I'm from southern California, but I definitely don't have O.C. disorder (if you've seen Arrested Development, then this would be funny). I hope to return there after school.

Likes:
film. photography. books. bikes. food and drink. self-deprecation. making fun of myself. writing. light. walking. getting lost. wandering and talking in ikea. boys. wes anderson. buster keaton. zooey glass. writing letters. receiving letters. organizing. documenting my life.

Dislikes:
studying. fatigue. money. studying. being cold. useless wastes of my time. mean people. politics.

About a Blog

This blog serves to record my preparation for study abroad, my year in Paris, and the subsequent changes that will follow when I return to California to finish my last year at San Francisco State University. I will write as much as I humanly can--one post a day if possible, and it's almost always possible.

I hope you enjoy this life-changing year with me, whether you are family, friend, or stranger. This is going to be history in the making. Or not. I don't know yet. We'll see what happens.

0 commentaires: