jeudi 17 avril 2008

this has never happened before

I am at the eye of the storm, where I am. I see this chaotic mess around me, and I'm at peace. This never used to happen before, I used to get so stressed out over stuff, but it happens rarely now. I have living here to thank. I have 3 film apps to fill out by tomorrow morning. I've just finished one. They're pretty curt, but pretty intense. One just states: "List the films you have made." Do you know how intimidating that can be?

I'm thinking of directors that didn't go to film school, and that somehow puts me at ease. I want the degree, I mean, of course I want the degree, but I don't want to be in school longer than I have to. I shouldn't have to "sell" myself on these apps to get into these classes that can only fit 18 students. I've heard horror stories of students not getting into ANY of these film classes. They just have to keep waiting. God, we all should get the chance.

If it happens, if I get in, then I get in. If I don't...I'll take it from there. Back to those apps.

Also, I just got off the phone from Mom and rest of my fam. My phone convo with all three of them lasted a total of 8 minutes and 35 seconds. And I only speak to them, mostly Mom and Dad, about once a month. Is that normal for long distance familial relationships? It doesn't seem normal. My family isn't normal anyway, but that's besides the point. The point is, we are so comfortable being away from each other because what counts is that we have each other in our hearts. Gosh, that was cheesy. But I do live in a country that doesn't think 3 fromageries within 20 paces of each other is the least bit excessive.

Speaking of family, I just started a Tumblr dedicated to my hilarious Dad. It's called "dad quotes". I have this ever growing collection of dad quotes and dad stories, and I thought I could store them on the interwebs for people to enjoy. Also I wanted to try the quick blogging Tumblr experience. No complaints yet. Enjoy dad quotes!