samedi 5 avril 2008

"Let's take a look at the itinerary." -- Francis, The Darjeeling Limited.

Asked Mom to send me the itinerary for their trip and got this: Absolute insanity. You have no idea how freaking excited I am about this. You know how some kids don't like traveling with their families or parents? I am the absolute opposite. I love it. I guess because traveling has been ingrained in us for so long, from weekends to San Onofre to three weeks in the Philippines. And I'm with the people I love--heaven. And I'm in desperate need of some Dad humor and Dad quotes. You would not believe the things this ex-sailor says. He's so hilarious. And just paired with the rationality of my Mom...fun times indeed.

My aunt Trini will also be joining us too. Mom's good friend, but I call her Aunt--you know how that is. She's hilarious, and I've always looked up to her as a fashion icon. She's one of those ladies that you might think goes to fashion shows or has her house featured on Architectural Digest (her house is amazing), but she's none of those things, just a regular lady like my Mom.

I'm excited about doing this all in a car and taking our time. I really want to drive in the countryside too. Wait, it might be stick though. Shoot. I can't drive stick. This would be a great time to learn! I'm always bugging Dad to teach me. Dad has an old Chevy truck that's stick, and I've always wanted to learn on that. He said that, "If you can drive this, you can drive anything. You can drive a tank." So that was great motivation.