dimanche 6 avril 2008

the beauty in simplicity

Oh, how I love the interwebs...I just created a Muxtape account. It's pretty much an online mixtape. I used to make mix tapes all the time since my first car only had a tape player in it. My second car as well. I was also listening to a mixed tape in that first car (listening to Thursday's "This Side of Brightness") when I got in my car accident. Hit by an airport shuttle van on the way to school. I wasn't hurt; neither was the guy who ran the red light and hit me. Anyway, I made some playlists for my trip, most of them named after the cities I made them for (Paris, London, Amsterdam).

Check out my muxtape. This was my "leaving" playlist. This was what I listened to on the flight from LAX to Paris. Of course, there's more songs, but this is the gist of it. I'll put up my "paris", "london", and "amsterdam" mixes up later. I really love the simple design of this site. I also browse other people's muxtapes to check out their music. It's pretty sweet. My Muxtape will be posted in the "Mediatheque" section on the left with the current playlist.

There's another simple and cool site I've become a part of called "Dopplr". It's really for business travelers, but I thought it might be fun. I can also connect with my friends and see where they're going. I've posted my Dopplr badge in my "Mes Voyages" section.

You have no idea how much I want to make travel a part of my life. I just always want to have a trip in the horizon, no matter what size. Whether it's a drive from SF to Santa Rosa to see the Peanuts museum or two weeks in Peru. It's nice to have something exciting and unknown to look forward to. When I start working again, I'm going to make sure I put money away for my future travels. I already have a savings account that's building up interest just in case I'm in a jam (thanks Mom for setting that up), but I want to create something just for traveling.

I got a message from my friend Andy who is in Australia studying film production. His focus is on sound. He wants me to come over and visit him! Could that be the next big trip? Who's in?