mercredi 2 avril 2008

15 days

Dropped off the girls at the airport this morning. Last night, we had dinner in. I cooked salmon, rice, and steamed vegetables. We had white wine, and for dessert rice pudding topped with raspberries. Delicious. We went to the Tour Eiffel around 9 when it's starting to get dark. I bought a ticket for the second floor while the girls got a ticket for the top floor. Since I've already been there, I brought my notebook and sat on a bench and just wrote while enjoying the view. I got a few weird looks from tourists.

I'm kind of glad the whole friends visiting is over, just because I really got into living alone and not doing tons of touristy stuff in short periods of time. It was weird getting different reactions from my friends who I haven't seen in a long time. Some were nice and others were kind of...let's just say that some don't like the new me. Paris me. But what am I supposed to do? Not change? Go back to pre-Paris me? It's just not possible. And I don't want to go back. I like who I am right now. I guess living in this city might have hardened me a bit, but I totally needed it. I was too soft, back then. I'm still soft in some ways. Kind of doughy, actually.

15 days until Italy!!! I'm very excited. After the airport, met up with Lucia, Kathy, and Melissa for lunch. We had pizza at St. Michel. I mentioned to Lucia that I wanted to get a small Italian phrasebook so me, her, and Kathy went to Gibert Jeune. I got one under 5 euros by Lonely Planet, and it even has a cd, so I can put the lessons onto my ipod shuffle. Sweetness.

Back to normals stuffs to do:
1. Loads of homework/Study
2. Clean
3. Mail letters
4. Get ready for Italy

Stuff sent home:
1. winter parka
2. winter accessories (save for 2 scarves)
3. assorted cds and books
4. notebooks and papers from last semester