lundi 7 janvier 2008

back to blah

Absolute worst back to school day ever. First of all, school just re-started from two glorious weeks of vacation, so that is just blah to begin with. No student is supposed to be happy today. Second of all, and here's the BEST part, my professor extended our class that was going to end on the 21st of this month to the 4th of February, and my final exam is on a day that I'm in London.

Absolute crap.

It was just this morning that I was looking up things to do in London, and now stupid France, stupid school system, and ambivalent professor has to ruin the one thing I was looking forward to this winter, my like 1.5 days I have in lovely London seeing cousin, cousin's wife, and the baby. The tickets were the cheapest, meaning they're non-refundable, not exchangeable, and 60 euros down the drain if I don't go.

But I'm going.

While professor was blathering on about the sixties revolution, I couldn't help but think about what I was going to do, what I had to fix. I've graduated from my regular freakouts (those who worked alongside me on film know what I'm talking about) to calm self-deliberation. I wrote out my options in my Moleskine along with their consequences and effects. As a student, I hate re-scheduling tests and not taking them in class with the students. As a sentient human being, I'm not going to let this stupid class ruin my chance of some happiness, a real vacation, and of getting out of this country.

I'm over working around this system, finding shortcuts, doing things their way--they're going to have to work around me. I'm telling the professor that I'm not going to be there for the day of the exam and will ask to take it at a early or later time. I hate having to take the test alone, but I'd hate losing 60 euros or 30 changing my return time. I'm not cutting my trip short or forgoing the trip at all. I'm going, and I'm going to have the effing time of my life in an English speaking country. Hell, it's England for crying out loud.

Home of this:

Birthplace of hotties:









And no one can take that from me! Also, England is home of Shakespeare and a lot of great writers and poets, and Bridget Jones, so yeah, there's more to England than tea and hotties.