vendredi 14 décembre 2007

freedom

By this time next week, I'll be free. God, I can't wait till next week is over. Until this whole month is over in fact. I just want to start over again. I really blew this semester, academically. And it's not all my fault, the strikes definitely played a part. With such a long summer vacation, who has the will to learn or try harder? I know that I don't really do well at the beginning of a school year, being back from summer and all, but I progressively get better during the winter and into the second semester. But after such a long vacation, I don't think I'll do better until spring. I don't especially do well when it's all shoved down your throat to make up for the lost time, that doesn't help at all.

Next year will be 2008. Hopefully it'll be better than the last half of this year. I love Paris and everything and being abroad, but things have been such a nightmare. I don't think I could have gone through with it if it weren't for my friends who are suffering with me.

Mom called to tell me about Auntie visiting. It sucks that I'll be busy the entire week. Dad bragged about Kuya's board certification. He's a certified nuclear pharmacist. He told me about his big bonus which I will not say how much it is because it'll make your head spin. The equivalent of Kuya's board certification would be like me getting into the Writers Guild or Directors Guild of America. Or any guild for that matter in the film industry. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so in love with something like cinema. If only I had the stomach to be a nurse or doctor, then at least my future would be secure.