jeudi 1 novembre 2007

Toussaint

Today is Toussaint, or All Saints Day. No school today or tomorrow. Thank God. School here makes me absolutely miserable sometimes. I have a group project due on Tuesday that is absolutely ridiculous. I really don't like my professor. She's one of those ladies that's ready to retire. She likes the Americans but treats some of the Asian kids and this one Palestinian guy like crap. I'm never having her again. But she gives out helpful homeworks. Have to meet my group today which is total crap.

Got a coffee and pain au chocolat at my favorite boulangerie/café up the street which is oddly enough across my favorite bar which is also next to one of favorite eye-candy stores. It's a presse that sells newspapers, magazines, stuffs for writing. In the windows are all these AMAZING fountain pens. Did some writing at the café that was neither French nor homework but more amazing since it has to do with my film idea, so that makes me happy. One of the guys working there kept dropping boxes of soda and making such a racket just so that I could recognize he was there, so I finally looked up at him from my writing, and I gave him this look like he was bothering me, but then we both laughed. It was a nice moment. No words exchanged, a complete short, silent film.

Walked around the block to the building where Hemingway lived. And I thought it would inspire me, but it just made me depressed as hell. I forgot he killed himself.

Did some shopping. The horrible thing about feeling miserable is that the only thing that can make me just a teeny bit happy is buying things. Bought Le Petit Prince which I read in religion class in high school in English, but the original is in French, and it's relatively easy to read 'cuz it's for kids but very philosophical, and I thought that that would be encouraging to read since I'm having such a lousy time learning French. Bought it at this awesome comic book/video rental place/book store which is so truly amazing, it'll make nerds weep. The guy working there was super cool. Well dressed man in his 50s that looks like he really should be working at an art museum or auction house. He wrapped my book in some comic book paper, which was really cool, and I think I'll keep it forever.Bought a Carhartt jacket that is so warm and toasty I don't even need to wear a long sleeve under it or a scarf. Gloves maybe because my hands get cold and the sleeves don't cover the hands. It looks like a plain hoodie, but it's more than that--inside it's warm, comfy velour. When I'm wearing it, I feel like I'm wearing a wetsuit. I absolutely love it. It was a bit pricey, but to justify it all I'm going to say is that it's an investment piece. I'm gonna make this thing last forever. And it probably will. It's really well made. Heck, I'm wearing jeans I bought my senior year in high school. It's also one of the few things I've really wanted here.

1 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

I leavе a reѕρonѕe еach time I especially еnjοy a post on a
ѕite oг if I haѵе something to contгibute to thе dіscusѕion.
Usuallу it іs a reѕult of the sinceгnеsѕ сommunicated in the pοst I bгοωsed.
Anԁ on this post "Toussaint". ӏ ωas actuаlly
excited enough to drop a comment ;) I do haѵe 2 quеstions for
уou if it's okay. Could it be simply me or does it give the impression like some of these responses look like left by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are posting on other places, I'd liκе to κeep up with anуthing new you have to pοst.

Could yοu make a lіѕt evеry
one of yοur shаred рageѕ like your linkedin
profilе, Facеbоok pagе
or twitter fеed?

Visit my wеb site; silk'n sensepil hair removal