mercredi 21 novembre 2007

things happen for a reason and pre-thanksgiving

I smell like cigarette smoke. I'm pretty sure I've been smelling like cigarette smoke for a while, but I've been noticing it now. It doesn't bother me.

Woke up today with no real sense of purpose. Again, no class and apparently no class until further notice (that's what I got in an email). Around 13h (I'm so used to the military time here, you're just going to have to get used to it), I decided to go to my favorite, the Jardin du Luxembourg, to write in my journal. Yes, I keep another journal totally separate (and private) from this one. Lately, this blog has been getting most of the attention. I wanted to write about some changes I'd like to make in my life. Sort of like a list of New Year's resolutions.

As I head out the door, I get a call from Romina saying she's just outside, her class got cancelled would I like to get some food? I took it as a sign that maybe this list can wait. There was so much to think about. Up my street, we got some food then we walked to the Jardin to hang out and talk. She lost her map of Paris, so we went to Gibert Jeune on St. Michel. Then we spent, it felt like close to an hour, at Shakespeare and Co. looking at books. God, I love bookstores. Especially when they're old and a bit disorganized because you end up finding something you weren't looking for in the first place. I was looking for Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. They had it, but I couldn't find it. What's so weird is that I met a guy at the pre-Thanksgiving thing that Micefa threw tonight that bought this book! And he said I could have it. I love it when these things happen. He said he'll bring it to Steven and Sara's Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

Before going to the Micefa thing at a café, I took Romina to my bar to get a framboise. She's never had one, and she liked it! Success! Then we headed to the thing, which was pretty cool. The first round of drinks was on Micefa, and I got a 1/2 peche, which is Stella or some other blond beer and peach stuff. Barbara and Topher brought snacks. Don't know why, but I was in such a weird mood. A huge sorry to anyone who sensed it. There's just a lot on my mind.

0 commentaires: