jeudi 8 novembre 2007

lucia's birthday

Just got back from Lucia's 21st birthday party. A lovely affair at Keisha's place which is literally a 3 minute walk away. Lots of great people were there: Keisha, Lucia, Sarah, Suzie, Sally, Lily, Kristin, Taylor, Lou, Romina, and also Romina's French friends came by, Miriam, Edwige, and I forgot the other one. It was great. Lots of laughs, alcohol, finger foods. Found out that Suzie also has a crush on David the bartender! So funny. She told me that she found out last night, after I had left, that he rides a motorcycle to and from work. We were both so "ohmygosh!!! so hot!" as if we just saw the cover of Tiger Beat or something. Taylor was a total riot speaking Spanish like a Mexican from LA. He'd interject "berly" (barely) or "guardless" (regardless) in between random Spanish phrases. So funny. You just had to be there, I can't even explain it. If you weren't there, then there's no way you could find this even remotely funny. I'm just writing about it here for my sake because it makes me laugh so hard. Oh God, what would I do without these people in my life?

Walked home, and it wasn't raining like it was during the party. The sky was clear and the air was fresh and cold. The streets were shining. It was like a movie set, so beautiful. And I didn't know if it was the wine or the vodka or the mixture of both in my system or just the effect that the evening had on me, but I was filled with absolute happiness. And at 15 minutes past midnight, I felt like these empty streets, this fountain, this church, these locked up bikes chained to the playground fence, I felt like all these things were mine, that they belonged to me and would always be a part of me because I had them, at this moment, and no one else was around. It was wonderful.

God, even if I never fully learn this language, being in Paris has been the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me.

0 commentaires: