jeudi 3 janvier 2008

"No, Jules, you've decided to be a bum." -- Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction.

Walked out the building today to find the guy who sometimes sells used books in front of our building brushing his dog. Toto was lying on his back on top of our recycling bins. It was cute until book vendor makes a joke and says he can brush my hair next which was poofy under my hat. Haha, very funny. I say no thanks and continue on.

Okay, so I look like a bum. Big effing deal that I don't want to cut my hair because I want it long, even though it's current state is beyond weird. So what if I don't spend more than 5 minutes in front of a mirror applying stuff on my face other than sunscreen. Paris is so good at making me feel unpretty. After that encounter, I felt like every female that passed me on my walk dressed better than me, looked nicer than me. Me with poofy hair. Me wearing faded baggy pants from 7th grade. Me in the wool jacket with three missing buttons. Crap. It's all because of what that book vendor said!

Did some studying grade school style while watching cartoons, "Batman: The Animated Series", which is so amazing. It's cinematic, the dialogue is great, I just love everything about it. Am reading more French than ever before, this time with the help of my interests. Bought Premiere magazine and Glamour. The Premiere is also for my brother since it has his girlfriend, Natalie Portman, on it. There are so many cool looking movies coming out in Paris this year, most of them American, but I love my American films!