vendredi 4 janvier 2008

already a good start

Why is Christian Bale on this post? Well, it's because of him that this year has already started on the right foot.

I watched the trailer for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, the next Batman film featuring the hot Welshman Bale. And, I swear, it blew my mind. It looks so much darker than the previous Batman film, and I lurve it. I just got so excited, like really excited, and not just for this film, but for the future of film in general, and just being a part of it, someday.

There's a shot in particular, that I LOVED. Bale is sitting on a chair in his Batman suit, and his mask is off, and he looks tired, and he's sweaty, and all the Batsuit accoutrement are just on the ground leading up to the chair that he's sitting in. This beautiful shot just evokes the fatigue and loneliness of being this hero. And he looks like what any working man looks like when he gets home from his job, he throws his shoes off, (for Batman, it's that crazy utility belt and that grappling gun), and he sits in a chair and takes a breather. It's lovely and sad at the same time.

Anyway, Christian Bale is a dedicated actor that I'd like to work with someday and a true inspiration. When I learned that he gained almost 100 pounds of muscle (after being underweight for The Machinist) to play Batman, I was shocked, that's just truly unbelievable. And these actors, they have to do this stuff, put their bodies on the line, because their livelihoods depend on it. And seriously, what guy doesn't put on some muscle to play Batman? What I'm leading up to is that if Christian Bale can gain 100 pounds of muscle to be Batman, I can lose some 15 pounds to save my life. You know, it really doesn't sound so bad, losing 15 pounds. If I have to pretend that my livelihood depends on it (and in a way it does), if I have to pretend that I'm playing Batgirl (that would be awesome), then I'll do it. I can do it. Christian Bale, take me to the gym, I'll be your spotter.

Walked around my neighborhood and St. Germain for two hours. Didn't spend any money today. Had 4 cups of tea. 2 in the morning. 2 after my walk. Ate a variety of fruits and veggies for lunch. I'm feeling better already. And am getting tons of stuff done like uploading pics to Photobucket so I can delete them off the hard drive, writing post cards, looking over my financial records, cleaning, reading, studying. I just got to keep it up all year long.