lundi 21 janvier 2008

walking dead

I just had one of those days where I wasn't in the mood for anything. I just felt like a zombie, not the crazy flesh eating kind, just the slow moving undead. And I kept on smiling and laughing at the appropriate times but it was all just an act. I don't know what it is.

Walked to St. Michel to meet up with people at Subway and kept passing British people talking and that made me happy knowing that my trip to London is coming up pretty soon. I think I just need some change, I guess. Didn't get anything since I wasn't hungry and had tea earlier. I was going to go with them to a poetry reading at Shakespeare and Co. I got to the room where it was being held, and it was pretty cramped, and these older folk that look like they'd shop at Trader Joe's back in SF where coming in, and this young guy with tight pants was walking in, and I just couldn't handle it. There was no way that I could sit through a poetry reading without bursting out into laughter and finally shaking off the zombie me. That would be rude. And no offense to people who go to poetry readings or any sort of reading, but it's not my thing.

So I stood at the doorway and said I had to go home and study which was true, and I felt like a spot of tea even though I had one before I left home. I can't get enough tea. And I don't buy the cheap stuff either, I get Twinings which is 2 euro more. It's probably the only thing I splurge on. Walked home, and it went by so fast because I wasn't really paying attention to anything except the walk and do not walk signs. It felt so weird. I don't know where my head is.