mardi 23 octobre 2007

group projects! weight gain!

What do those two things have in common? They both scare me. Like the mall on Christmas eve. Or cookies without milk. Or OC girls leaving tanning salons in velour sweats. Velour sweats, in general.(insert shudder here...)

Met with group project people which include 2 other America girls, an Italian girl, and a Peruvian boy. All are very nice and sweet. Met at a cafe then went to Italian girl's (Maria) place. It was interesting all talking in French. Then her roommate (also Italian) would come in, and they'd start talking Italian, and I'd get so confused, but it was still cool. Just to be in such a confused state. It was scary, but not in a threatening way, just a "oh my gosh, what's happening, are they talking about me" kind of way. The Peruvian guy, Alonso, is also pretty cool, very cheery and always smiling. He called me and was waiting at the metro, and I tried to give him directions on where to find us (in French, mais oui), and he didn't understand. So I was all, "Je vais te chercher!" (I'm going to look for you!). And he was all, "Tu vais me chercher? Awwww!!!" (You're going to look for me? Awww!!!). It was funny. The American girls, Jamie and Angela, are cool too, but I think they're worried that our project has no real structure.

I think I'm gaining weight. OR! OR the remaining fat that I have in my body is somehow re-positioning itself. I know that sounds sick. It's only going to get sicker, so you can skip this paragraph if you want. Okay, so I know I've lost some weight since pants are baggier, but, BUT my face is kind of big! It's kind of freaking me out! Like the total freak that I am, I am comparing to pics taking recently of me and pics taken in the past, and crap, I have a lot of work to do. I have a wedding to go to in less than a year! Patisserie visits only once a week! Water all the time! More visits to my super nice farmer's market guys! They like me by the way. They're always smiling when I buy stuff from them. Hee! Never:
1. Eat out alone. Unless I absolutely have to, and then it has to be healthy. Eating out is fine as long as it's with friends, which'll help me be more social. Just came back actually from dinner with friends at an Indian restaurant by Gare du Nord. Very tasty, and they gave us naan and a bottle of coke on the house! Nice people too.
2. Buy more than 1 baguette a week: Actually haven't bought any for the past 2 weeks.
Always:
1. Keep tabs with what I'm eating. I'm using a food journal!
2. Cook healthy: I bought some frozen fish that was on sale and broiled it with some soy sauce and lemon, and it was tasty!! Had some steamed vegetables on the side too.

Don't worry, I'm not going to go all "Christian Bale preparing for the Machinist" on you. I'm just going to be more careful about food and move more. I want to look amazing for this wedding, and, in general, when I come back home.

1 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks