dimanche 2 mars 2008

entourage

Today was strangely out of this world. Catherine kept saying, "Are we in a movie?" with my landlord playing his accordion and singing outside, the people dancing, the merchants yelling about strawberries on sale...I feel like I've been taking it for granted.

Went to Notre Dame, St. Michel, Tuileries, and walked up the Champs. Took Catherine to Louis Vuitton since she's into that. Catherine asked to see a duffel bag, and I felt like I was on "Entourage" or something just shopping with her and commenting on bags, wallets, and things. I'd never step into Louis Vuitton or anything like that, it kind of depresses me to see expensive things, really nice expensive things and I hate myself for liking them just because there are more important things in the world than a nice leather bag and after trying to go all Tyler Durden this year, I am so close to throwing all that shit out the window. Louis Vuitton bags are effing nice. And, man, did they treat us well!

We got complimentary champagne. Twice. I just sat on a chair while C. held various travel bags in front of a mirror. I kept asking myself, "Is this really happening?" C. tried the red (too bold), the black (eh), the brown leather (plain), then the brown checkered which is quintessential LV, not like the monogram. She went with the brown checkered one which looks amazing. Marly, our salesperson, took us on a little tour of the showroom and brought us upstairs where you can order luggage. C. got a complimentary monogram, and we discussed options: colors of the monogram, 2 or 3 initials, vertical or horizontal. She went with green, 2, and vertical. It was really fun. It felt like when Mom and I'd go to Cartier at South Coast Plaza, and she'd get her watch cleaned there or a new strap, and I'd pretend I was some rich OC girl wearing a Lacoste tennis shirt dress that Kuya bought me for my birthday and I only wear for really special things. I don't know, stupid stuff like that, it was fun, I was young.

I was happy that she got some thing off the Champs, especially something from a French designer at the flagship store. Then we went to Lacoste because her Dad texted her about wanting shirts, so she got him shirts.

Had dinner in front of the Tour Eiffel and then met up with Susie and Melissa. Got a drink at Shywawa and walked home in the rain. It was nice. I think she had fun. I forgot how tiring sightseeing is.