dimanche 27 avril 2008

surprise

We added Pisa to our list of places. We decided to go there before heading to Florence. Andrea took us to an amazing place for dinner--a meat place. So good. We got drinks before and gelato afterwards. I'm going to miss this city so much.

Went to Vatican today, and I absolutely fell in love with our tour guide, an architecture student. What is it with this place that I fall just a little bit in love with almost every boy here that I encounter? Will write about it later. At one point, he pulled me towards him to let a group of tourists walk past us. It was lovely. He spoke so passionately about the Sistine chapel and Michaelangelo. I love it when people are passionate. He was funny too, I'll never forget him. He borrowed my fountain pen.

This has been one of the best trips I have ever made. Not because of the people I've come across, including a Filipina nun, but the warm hearts of every person who has ventured to this great city, of all the history (I took a nap in the middle of the Roman forum), all the food (I've had gelato at least 4 times, all great in different ways), and especially all the ideas and thoughts that this trip has provoked in me. I really don't want this to end.

The next time you hear from me, I'll be back in Paris.