jeudi 31 janvier 2008

is there another way?

I'm just going to be completely effing honest right now, I don't care who reads this. I've advertised my blog enough on Facebook and wherever, I don't even care. In fact, I know a lot of you who are reading here are, drum roll please, in Paris. Which astounds me! I mean, I've been expecting a lot more hits from home, but most are you are Parisians. Anyway, here it goes. I'm gonna get shit for this, I know.

Isn't there another way to hang out that doesn't involve booze? Or spending obscene amounts of money on booze when we can take a plane somewhere and see something new together? I enjoy a pint of framboise. Hell, I had a pint of that stuff and a demi of Guinness (my first time, and I didn't finish it. Tastes like cold coffee) yesterday night because, you know, everyone seemed to be drinking and having a good time. And I wanted to be a part of that too. No one likes feeling left out.

But when the alcohol wears off and people drink more and more, the fun wears off too. It just kind of gets sad. It's interesting to sit with drunk people, they talk more and they reveal things that they wouldn't usually reveal in normal conversation, and I, truthfully, like being there for that, but it feels so wrong.

And you guys want to do this twice a week? You go on ahead and count me out. And don't give me that shit about how the Mayflower is up my street. I know where the Mayflower is. The bar can be across the street. I just don't feel like doing this anymore. I'd rather spend money on other things and watching people get wasted isn't fun, it's kind of sad. I love you guys, and you're all great people when you're not hitting the sauce, but it's the truth. Like I wrote somewhere before on this blog, I wish alcohol didn't bring us together.

Anyway, I'm not writing this to stop people from drinking and having fun in their own way. They can do whatever they want it's their money and bodies or whatever. But if you're wondering why you don't see me that often or why I won't come out tonight, this is why.

I can hear the hatred coming.